Thursday, July 26, 2012

Nothing ventured nothing gained

So after 10 very hectic days in Israel, with a lot of time to reflect, I've come to a decision. Some back ground first though...
Just before leaving for my 10 day adventure in Israel, I had to turn down 3 exciting stunt gigs, nothing that would make or break my career, but frustrating none the less. The day before I flew out, my father called me and told me that a friend of his was looking for a recent film school graduate to join his company as a green screen tech. I'm not sure what the official job title is, and I don't really even know much about the job. What I know is that it's a real time green screen replacement system for use on set. So the director can see roughly what his green screen environments will look like. Its a very new technology that isn't readily available or even known about.

If I get the job, I'll be in the ground floor of this new and powerful tool. There would be a lot of travel and a lot of time on set involved.

I wasn't able to get a hold of my dads friend before I left. So I left a message or two expressing how interested I was in the position.

Taking this would mean I'd have to put stunt work on the back burner. I love stunts, and I've wanted to do it for so long. I feel like going in another direction with my career would be like selling myself out. I doubt that I could make both happen at once, because the green thing is full time, and stunts can come up last minute.

So I had a choice to make. New career move with high high potential. Or following what I've wanted to do for years. Today I was able to check my email, I got the job and I start on Monday. I can't wait :)

No comments:

Post a Comment