Sunday, November 25, 2012

Picking up speed

Well, at a whopping 20 (average) views a day for the last week, I feel pretty accomplished.
Some days, I feel like I have nothing to write, but I still put my thoughts down, then I erase them and either start over and think of something new, or don't write anything. I don't want this blog to become a bitch fest. Believe me, I have plenty of things to bitch about. Like the woman behind me in traffic last week. She was tail gating me, with both iPhone ear buds in. The problem that I saw, was not that she was talking on the phone while using a hands free device, BUT STILL HOLDING THE PHONE IN HER HAND! It's not hands free if you use a hand to operate it! Same with speaker phone, you don't use speaker phone and hold it! It defeats the purpose of hands free. LA drivers...
That's not what I want this blog to be about, though it's tempting some times. I can rant! The upcoming internet radio show that I'll be hosting will probably have a lot more ranting than I want, but that's just how I host shows. When I get to talking, I can go and go and go. A two hour radio show? Sweet. Maybe I'll get more than 20 listeners.
The show had to be put on hold, because we needed more time to get our ducks in a row. January should be our first show. The school that is sponsoring the show had an event that needed attention. And I must say that the Los Angeles Film School's Annual Salute was a blast! I met some fun people, got some swag, and heard some very inspiring presentations.
Which is what I want to talk about today, motivation and inspiration. I've been pretty lazy lately. Not going to the gym, crashing on my couch instead of writing, sleeping in to the last minute instead of reading the news in the morning. But today I think I reached that breaking point, where I just got so fed up with myself, I got off my ass and did something. I started cleaning my apartment, started writing the script that I've had in my head, and I went for a jog. I haven't been to the gym for months, and when I went today, it was closed. So I opted for a short run and an apartment work out instead.

They say that you should do at least one hour of work for your career every day. I say this in response: There are people out there spending two hours on theirs, so how are you going to keep up?

As a wrestler in high school, I learned that every minute you spend not training, there's a guy out there who IS training. And when you meet him, you'll know it.

So what ever it takes, find your motivation. It might take a while, but don't get down on yourself because of that. It just takes time. But don't waste that time. 

1 comment: